We hope every one who ordered enjoyed their sushi today!
The website will open for next week’s orders at 3.00pm this afternoon.
Orders will close at 5.00pm on Monday.
Don’t miss out! Click on the picture to place your order.
- Parents, please complete the short survey regarding the introduction of a language other than English at CCPS in 2017 (link below)
- Sushi orders must be in each Monday by 5.00pm and will be delivered each Wednesday until the end of term. Don’t forget to order! http://sushi.net.au/school/cranbourne-carlisle-ps/
- The Scholastic Book Fair arrives on Monday 24 October and will be held in the F/1 learning common. Come and visit between 3.15pm and 4.30pm, Monday – Thursday
- Children must now be in full summer uniform, including hats. Some second hand uniform items are available for purchase from the School Office, including hats and windcheaters. Don’t forget to label everything!
A message from the Department of Education and Training:
The Department of Health and Human Services has identified a new strain of norovirus which may lead to gastroenteritis outbreaks.
Norovirus infection is characterised by nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. Other symptoms may include fever, headaches and muscle aches. Symptoms usually resolve after 48 hours, however, if a parent is concerned about their child’s symptoms they should seek medical attention.
Norovirus is the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis. It affects people of all ages however certain groups are at higher risk, particularly those in aged care facilities or early childhood education and care services. Norovirus is known to cause at least 65 per cent of gastroenteritis outbreaks affecting settings like these in Victoria.
To help prevent the spread of norovirus, everyone, including children, their families, staff and people in the community, should:
- thoroughly wash their hands with soap and running water after going to the toilet and before eating or preparing food
- avoid preparing food for others until 48 hours after gastroenteritis symptoms have completely resolved
- stay away from early childhood education and care services until they have been free of the symptoms of gastroenteritis for 48 hours.
Please do not send your children to school if they have been vomitting.
For further information, visit https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/about/news-and-events/healthalerts/new-strain-of-norovirus-detected-in-victoria
We sincerely thank those families that came along last night to discuss the internationising of education and the introduction of a language other than English next year.
For those who were unable to attend, you may access the presentation below.
We encourage all families to have a look at the presentation and respond to the short survey, posted below, to assist us in making this very complex decision.
A reminder that parents are invited to join on Monday 10 October us to discuss the introduction of a Language Other Than English program in 2017.
The forum will begin at 6.30pm. We are looking forward to seeing as many parents as possible!
Cranbourne Carlisle Primary School is committed to ensuring that all children are safe and protected from any form of child abuse.
This year, the Victorian Government introduced the Child Safe Standards, which are compulsory minimum standards for all Victorian schools, to ensure they are well prepared to protect children from abuse and neglect.
To create and maintain a child safe organisation, we have developed:
- strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- a child safe policy and statement of commitment to child safety
- a code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children.
Policies related to the Child Safe Standards may be found on the parents page of the website, under Policies/Information: http://www.cranbournecarlisleps.vic.edu.au/?page_id=73
Click on the poster below for further information.
We hope that everyone has had a lovely break and is looking forward to coming back to school for a jam-packed Term Four.
We remind families that school resumes for children on Monday 3 October.
We can’t wait to see all your happy faces!
- Footy day tomorrow with dismissal at 2:30pm
- First day of school for all children in Term 4 is Monday 3 October
- There is a pupil free curriculum day set for Monday 31 October
- Melbourne Cup day public holiday is on Tuesday 1 November
- The children will wear their summer uniform in Term 4
- We invite parents to a forum that will be held at the school on Monday 10 October at 6:30pm to discuss the introduction of a Language other than English program in 2017.
- If you have a child who is eligible to start school in 2017 please come in to the school to complete the enrolment at the beginning of Term 4
- Foundation 2017 information evening will be held on Tuesday 8 November, 7.00pm – 9.00pm
- Thank you to all of the parents, care givers and families who have supported the school through this busy term. We appreciate the commitment you have shown toward working with us to continually improve learning opportunities for the children.
Wishing all our families a happy, relaxing and safe holiday break
All children in Years 4-6 will be viewing the eSmart Kids video this week. This video was produced by some very talented Year 6 children for our eSmart community night, held on August 18 2016.
Filming: Anmol, Zenat, Adithya, Jabobo
Acting: Harman, Leanne, Will, Jess, Arefa, Zenat, Mortaza, Hori, Adithya, Avi
Music: Anmol, Adithya, Viko, Arefa, Leanne, Landi (Yr5), Anahera (Yr5)