School Ground Access- Foundation to Grade 2
Dear Parents and Carers of Foundation to Grade 2 students,
Please find below some more detailed advice around the procedures for student drop off and pick up.
- The school will give consideration to steps that can be taken to reduce the number of adults congregating outside the school at any one time, including parents and carers at peak times such as drop-off and pick-ups. We ask parents to co-operate in our efforts to restrict contact and transmission by leaving the surrounding area as quickly as possible.
- Decisions will be communicated to parents and may change over time as we assess the situation.
At the present time:
- There will be no change to pick up and drop off times
- The usual entry for Before and After School Care will be open each morning for OSHC
- The usual entry and procedures will stay in place for students grade 3-6 attending on-site learning
- All school gates will be open each morning at 8.30am and staff will be on yard supervision from 8.30am so that children can be left safely. Each grade level is allocated a gate entrance, please see below for information
- In general, parents must stay outside the school fence. Students are to be dropped at school gates or further from the school and parents should leave the area immediately.
- If necessary, supervising staff may allow Foundation parents only to enter the school grounds to leave children at classroom doors. Parents should then leave the grounds immediately.
- Outside the school grounds, parents are strongly encouraged to maintain social distancing. We ask parents not stay around the school and not to gather in groups.
- There will be signs on each gate to remind families of safety issues and allocated drop off and pick up points
- Parents must only enter the school grounds and buildings when essential to do so and only through the main front entrance, calling the office is the preferred method of communication
- Additional staff, including parent volunteers, will not be allowed to attend the school at this time. Activities dependent on and involving parents eg. reading, are cancelled.
- Essential parent-teacher meetings will be conducted remotely unless absolutely necessary
- Activities that involve on-site attendance by students from different educational institutions (e.g. interschool sport) will not take place.
- There will be no assembly-type gatherings until further notice.
- There will be no camps, incursions and excursions until further notice.
- After school, parents should wait outside the school grounds or some distance from the school grounds for student pick-up. Where possible, remain in your car or maintain social distancing.
- Ensure your children know where you will be waiting for them after school so that you do not need to enter the school grounds.
- As for before school and where necessary, supervising staff may allow Foundation parents only to enter the school ground to collect students from the classroom door if there is no other option. Nobody should enter the school grounds until the 3.15pm finish time.
- Older siblings can be used to collect young students and take them to where parents are waiting.
- Where weather is a concern, classrooms may be opened early in the morning to allow students to enter, otherwise students should use available shelter.
DEDICATED ENTRANCES AND EXITS- see gates map
These gates will have signage attached
- Foundation students drop off and pick up Gate 3: Silky Oak Drive, front gate to the left when standing facing the front office entrance.
- Grade 1 students drop off and pick up Gate 6: Majestic Blvd, gate near the kindergarten
- Grade 2 students drop off and pick up Gate 5: Silky Oak Drive, front gate to the right when standing facing the front office entrance