Cranbourne Carlisle Primary School is committed to ensuring that all children are safe and protected from any form of child abuse.
This year, the Victorian Government introduced the Child Safe Standards, which are compulsory minimum standards for all Victorian schools, to ensure they are well prepared to protect children from abuse and neglect.
To create and maintain a child safe organisation, we have developed:
- strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- a child safe policy and statement of commitment to child safety
- a code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children.
Policies related to the Child Safe Standards may be found on the parents page of the website, under Policies/Information: http://www.cranbournecarlisleps.vic.edu.au/?page_id=73